LINK CREW INFORMATION FOR FRESHMEN STUDENTS AND PARENTS/GUARDIANS
August 10, 2022
We are very excited that your student will be attending Maine East High School and we look forward to meeting your student at our LINK CREW orientation day on Wednesday, August 17th at 8:30am. The purpose of Link Crew is to help our 9th grade students feel more comfortable as well as help them to achieve success in their first year of school.
Your student will be assigned a junior or senior Link Leader as a mentor during their first year. This Link Leader is a responsible older student who was hand selected from a large pool of applicants and has met the qualifications of being a good role model and a positive leader on our campus. The following is some information to let you know what you and your student can expect in advance of their first day of school.
- Your student can expect to receive an email or text message from their Link Crew Leader personally inviting your student to orientation day and giving them details where to meet.
- A few days prior to the Orientation day, you and your student will receive an email and text message reminding you where to meet and what to bring.
- Your student will participate in large and small group activities and will also receive a tour of the building.
- A cheese or pepperoni pizza lunch will be provided. However, if you prefer, your student can bring their own lunch. Beginning Thursday, August 18th, our student cafeteria will be open for normal lunch service.
- After lunch, your student will have an opportunity to walk their schedule and meet all of their teachers.
- Because the day is active, please make sure that your student wears comfortable clothes and they should not bring all of their stuff on this day. (Travel Light)
- Upon arriving to school, students will meet outside at Door # 3 on the East side of the building (bus shelter). There will be plenty of people on hand to guide and direct them.
We look forward to meeting your student and can’t Wait!
Chromebook pickup for freshmen will be on Monday, August 8, 2022 from 7 AM – 7 PM
IMPORTANT DATES FOR THE FIRST WEEK OF SCHOOL – 2022-2023
Additional information about the orientation days will arrive in August. A link to the 22-23 school calendar can be found at 2022-2023 School Calendar
- Back to School Checklist (English)
- Spanish and Arabic Translations Coming Soon
Class of 2026 Letter from the Health Office
Dear Parents/Guardians of Incoming 9th Grade Class of 2026,
All 9th grade students entering Maine East High School must have a current physical and certification of the required immunizations. The physical must be dated between August 15, 2021 and July 1, 2022. All components of the form including the Health History must be filled out, signed and dated. Incomplete forms will NOT be accepted.
The State of Illinois Child Health Examination Form – complete with proof of the appropriate vaccination (as required by state law) – must be on file at the school before July 1, 2022. District 207 has a policy of first day exclusion. This means that students who do not have a current physical exam and immunization records on file will be excluded from school until the requirement is met. A sports physical cannot take the place of the 9th grade required physical.
If a student requires prescription medication or over the counter medications during the school day, a Prescription Authorization Form must be completed by both the Parent/Guardian and the Attending Physician.
NEW! State of IL Proof of School Dental Exam Form: All incoming 9th grade students are required to have a dental exam on file. School dental examinations must have been completed within 18 months prior to the May 15, 2023 deadline.
Enclosed you will find the necessary forms to be completed and returned to the school. These forms may also be found on the Maine East Health Office website, https://east.maine207.org/academics/health-office/. Please return all forms to Maine East High School by mail using the enclosed return envelope, hand-deliver to the Main Office, fax to 847-692-8318 or email to [email protected]. If you have questions, the Health Office can be reached at (847) 692-8317 from 7:30 am to 3:30 pm during the regular school year.
Required forms for the Class of 2026