Dear Students and Parents/Caregivers of the Class of 2026:
As we prepare for registration for the Class of 2026, all of us at Maine East are looking forward to getting to know you better. Over the next few months there will be some events that will take place to help your student get registered for courses at Maine East for their 9th grade year. For families who reside in District 63 (Gemini), Maine East is your designated public high school, and we are excited about beginning your transition into 9th grade. For families who reside in District 62 (Chippewa) and District 64 (Emerson), you are receiving this letter because you live in an “optional” attendance area that gives your child the opportunity to attend Maine East High School next year.
Here are some important dates that you’ll want to take advantage of to learn more about Maine East:
- Class of 2026 Orientation Kickoff Event – Thursday, December 2nd from 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm.
A large group presentation will be followed by opportunities to tour the building to see Fine Arts, CTE, and World Language instructional areas. There will also be staff members present to speak with you about the following topics:
- Academic Department Q & A about course offerings and planning
- Student Life – extracurriculars & athletics
- Special Education Meetings
- Building Tours for Parents/Caregivers – 11/17, 12/1, 12/8 – 7:30 to 8:00 a.m.
- Tours are principally intended for parents/caregivers for whom this is their first child to attend Maine East. Please use this form link to let us know when you plan to attend: https://forms.gle/7hpF5TNrsrP4SNG98
- Shadowing experiences for incoming/prospective students who are currently enrolled in D62, D64, or private schools may be available subject to current COVID guidelines. Contact the school for more information
- Pre-enrollment for 8th grade students – mid-November – If your student will be attending Maine East, Maine South, Maine West or Frost Academy in 9th grade, District 207 is asking you to pre-enroll for school. The detailed information and directions will be emailed to parents of current 8th graders on November 16. Please mark your calendar to watch for that email that will come directly from District 207. If you don’t receive an email message by 11/17, please contact the school.
- Individualized Registration Meetings with School Counselors – January through February – by appointment (more information will be shared at the December 2nd Kickoff Event and through email)
If you have any questions regarding these events, please contact the Student & Family Services Office at 847/692-8520. We are looking forward to seeing you here at Maine East!