Class of 2026 Letter from the Health Office
Dear Parents/Guardians of Incoming 9th Grade Class of 2026,
All 9th grade students entering Maine East High School must have a current physical and certification of the required immunizations. The physical must be dated between August 15, 2021 and July 1, 2022. All components of the form including the Health History must be filled out, signed and dated. Incomplete forms will NOT be accepted.
The State of Illinois Child Health Examination Form – complete with proof of the appropriate vaccination (as required by state law) – must be on file at the school before July 1, 2022. District 207 has a policy of first day exclusion. This means that students who do not have a current physical exam and immunization records on file will be excluded from school until the requirement is met. A sports physical cannot take the place of the 9th grade required physical.
If a student requires prescription medication or over the counter medications during the school day, a Prescription Authorization Form must be completed by both the Parent/Guardian and the Attending Physician.
NEW! State of IL Proof of School Dental Exam Form: All incoming 9th grade students are required to have a dental exam on file. School dental examinations must have been completed within 18 months prior to the May 15, 2023 deadline.
Enclosed you will find the necessary forms to be completed and returned to the school. These forms may also be found on the Maine East Health Office website, https://east.maine207.org/academics/health-office/. Please return all forms to Maine East High School by mail using the enclosed return envelope, hand-deliver to the Main Office, fax to 847-692-8318 or email to [email protected] If you have questions, the Health Office can be reached at (847) 692-8317 from 7:30 am to 3:30 pm during the regular school year.
Required forms for the Class of 2026
Dear Students and Parents/Caregivers of the Class of 2026:
As we prepare for registration for the Class of 2026, all of us at Maine East are looking forward to getting to know you better. Over the next few months there will be some events that will take place to help your student get registered for courses at Maine East for their 9th grade year. For families who reside in District 63 (Gemini), Maine East is your designated public high school, and we are excited about beginning your transition into 9th grade. For families who reside in District 62 (Chippewa) and District 64 (Emerson), you are receiving this letter because you live in an “optional” attendance area that gives your child the opportunity to attend Maine East High School next year.
Here are some important dates that you’ll want to take advantage of to learn more about Maine East:
Course Selection and Individual Registration Meetings
Sign-up for incoming 9th grade registration appointments is now available. Families should go to the sign-up website.
12/13/21: Please read the email message for registration appointments that was sent out on Monday, December 13th.
For families who are still deciding on their high school, once you choose Maine East High School, please contact the Student & Family Services Department at 847-692-8520 and we will enter you in our system, assign you a counselor and schedule your student’s registration meeting
Link to Maine East Fine Arts Course website to learn about class opportunities for students
- Class of 2026 Orientation Kickoff Event – Thursday, December 2nd from 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm.
A large group presentation will be followed by opportunities to tour the building to see Fine Arts, CTE, and World Language instructional areas. There will also be staff members present to speak with you about the following topics:
- Academic Department Q & A about course offerings and planning
- Student Life – extracurriculars & athletics
- Special Education Meetings
- Building Tours for Parents/Caregivers – 11/17, 12/1, 12/8 – 7:30 to 8:00 a.m.
- Tours are principally intended for parents/caregivers for whom this is their first child to attend Maine East. Please use this form link to let us know when you plan to attend: https://forms.gle/7hpF5TNrsrP4SNG98
- Shadowing experiences for incoming/prospective students who are currently enrolled in D62, D64, or private schools may be available subject to current COVID guidelines. Contact the school for more information
- Pre-enrollment for 8th grade students – mid-November – If your student will be attending Maine East, Maine South, Maine West or Frost Academy in 9th grade, District 207 is asking you to pre-enroll for school. The detailed information and directions will be emailed to parents of current 8th graders on November 16. Please mark your calendar to watch for that email that will come directly from District 207. If you don’t receive an email message by 11/17, please contact the school.
- Individualized Registration Meetings with School Counselors – January through February – by appointment (more information will be shared at the December 2nd Kickoff Event and through email)
If you have any questions regarding these events, please contact the Student & Family Services Office at 847/692-8520. We are looking forward to seeing you here at Maine East!