Dear District 207 (Maine East, Maine South and Maine West) Students and Families,
Recently, the Illinois State Board of Education, Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) and the Illinois High School Association (IHSA) approved guidelines for Phase 3/IHSA Stage I summer activities. Our administrators from across District 207 met to develop protocols for outdoor summer sessions.
Based upon these decisions, student athletes are invited to take part in District 207 High School voluntary strength, speed, conditioning, and agility program. This program is scheduled to run on selected dates between June 18 – July 2. This is a voluntary opportunity, is not required, and while there is a required registration process, there is no fee.
The program is intended to give all athletes an opportunity to return to training and development, and to be ready to safely begin what we hope may be a more normal summer camp schedule in July. The program will be conducted by coaches at your school who are volunteering their time. Coaches will be working closely with the Athletic Trainers and administration. All health and safety guidelines established by the Illinois High School Association (IHSA), Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) will be followed.
It is extremely important that students and parents/guardians read the details of the online enrollment invitation that will outline key information for the safety of all those who will participate. Listed below are just some of the important recommendations and absolutes that will be followed without exception.
- All Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) guidelines will be followed including social distancing and wearing of masks when social distancing can’t be achieved.
- All participants must have a completed registration and waiver completed in order to participate: Maine Township District 207 Waiver & Release
- All participants (coaches, athletes, etc.) will be screened for temperature. Any participant that registers a temperature of 100.4 or above will not be allowed to participate.
- All participants are required to bring a mask and water in a water bottle. All participants are asked to bring hand sanitizer.
- Individuals dropping off athletes will be required to remain in vehicles. No congregating in parking lots or at the field.
- Athletes will return to vehicles immediately following practice and maintain social distancing
Registration information will be shared by your Athletic Department/Coaching Staff and training is scheduled to begin June 18th.
We are pleased to offer this volunteer opportunity to our student athletes. To register:
South – Emails will be sent from individual coaches to athletes. If you have questions, contact Andy Turner at [email protected].
Steve Schanz, Maine East H.S. Athletic Director
Andy Turner, Maine South H.S. Athletic Director
Jarett Kirshner, Maine West H.S. Athletic Director