Maine East 12th graders and Parents/Guardians
The 2023-2024 Free Application for Federal Student Aid and the Alternative Application for Illinois Financial Aid (for students that cannot file federal) officially open their applications this Saturday, October 1st. Filing a FAFSA or Illinois Alternative Application makes students eligible for need-based financial aid for college and other post-secondary options.
Here are a number of helpful links to help you prepare for this important college admission step:
- Financial Aid Presentation
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- FAFSA GUIDE and Materials (US Citizens and Permanent Residents Financial Aid Application)
- Alternative Application for Illinois Financial Aid (DACA and Undocumented Student Financial Aid Application)
- Alternative Application Help Guide
The Maine East Career & College Resource Center (CCRC) is here to help you file the FAFSA/Illinois Alternative App. We will be hosting a series of completion events with the assistance of the Illinois Student Assistance Commission (ISAC).
Here is a list of upcoming events:
- Every Tuesday from 10am – 1pm starting October 4th through November 29th in CCRC in Center Court
- Saturday, October 8th 9am-11am in S200 (Enter through Door #4B)
- Tuesday, November 1st 5pm-7pm in S200 (Enter through Door #4B)
No appointments are needed. Please bring appropriate materials listed in the FAFSA Guide above. If you have any questions, please reach out to Alen Ibrahimovic, Postsecondary Counselor at Maine East High School: [email protected]